This lino print was just a bit of fun, and turned out more graphical than illustrative this time. It was quite nice to be working on a design for a change. In this, I set out to test the different textures that could be achieved in the lino, and to practice making curves – I certainly did that!
The woody texture of the border was an experiment in limiting the depth of cuts, and I’m pleased with the way it worked out, contrasting with the inner frame.
The inking also went better than previously, as I added a really generous amount of ink, and spent longer rubbing the print.
Each time, I learn a bit more. Onwards and upwards…