A couple of weeks ago I was delighted to be nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by my fellow blogger, JustAFellowHumanRay, who pens endearing robots in human situations. Before I could get round to passing on my own nominations for the Award, I was nominated for the Leibster Award for small blogs by lovely Sabri-Caye-ous-Art. My heartfelt thanks to both these lovely bloggers for the recognition. And today, thegreyeye kindly nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I’m overwhelmed by these kindnesses and compliments.
So, now that my head is as big as a watermelon, I definitely need to pass on the love (better late than never, eh?)…Each of these awards has slightly different rules, so I’m going to get creative and put all my nominations under the Versatile Blogger – I hope that’s ok!
My Versatile Blogger Award nominations:
It’s been really hard to choose my nominations, as there are so many wonderful blogs I follow regularly. Today, I’d like to highlight the following 15 bloggers whose work I’ve enjoyed immensely (amongst so many more, I hasten to say!) over the couple of months that I’ve been blogging. Keep up the great work folks. 🙂
Some of these blogs have numerous followers, others are just starting out, but I think each one is great – I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- 1000 Drawings by Cat Byrne
- A Certain Line
- A Dusting of Pastel
- A Fresh Drawing Every Day
- Artistic Adventures
- Caroline Ylipaa
- Inari Designs
- Monday Tuesday Wednesday
- Nutty Scribbles
- Palmira Garcia Quintana
- Rija Yoo
- Weisser Watercolours
I’m supposed to now give you 7 facts about myself, so here goes:
- I’ve been drawing since I could hold a pencil, but had a huge un-creative gap (about 20 years) from my late teens to about three years ago. There just didn’t seem to be room for creativity, but somehow I’ve at last managed to squeeze it in. Hurray!
- Starting my blog was an accident really – I was helping a friend get his business online, and needed to know how a blog worked… the rest is recent history.
- The main idea for the blog initially was to have all my pictures in one place, in a kind of visual diary and record of development. I didn’t have an inkling of the wonderful support, encouragement and advice which comes along with blogging – what a bonus. Thanks so much guys. I feel like a I have a huge crowd of lovely new friends!
- I worry about losing my memory, and my sketchbooks (hence the blog).
- I cherish the fact that blogging, and reading others’ blogs, inspires me and drives me to make more pictures – it’s a virtuous circle.
- Using paint still scares the willies out of me. It’s like wrestling with a tiger.
- Recently, ideas for pictures have been bothering me in my sleep – that’s new, and just a little bit weird! Anyone else suffer from this phenomenon?